Individual counselling sessions are offered in-person at the Vancouver location, or online through video-conferencing. For information about Youth counselling, click here.
Counselling offers a space for you to express your ideas, thoughts, and feelings and learn more about yourself. You may learn tools to improve stress management and enhance your coping strategies. You may receive support and learn skills for understanding, and processing difficult or distressing emotions. You may begin to explore and understand inner conflict or sub-personalities (inner critic, perfectionist, people pleaser). You may learn skills on how to regulate your nervous system and developing awareness of the mind/body connection. We may work collaboratively to problem-solve a challenge or concern. Every session is different.
I work from an integrative approach which means I use a variety of modalities to support clients, depending on their unique needs and goals. Assessment also includes a look at your environment, and if there are adjustments that could be made to improve your mental health and overall wellness.
I want you to get the most out of each session, so I will be regularly checking in with you to be sure that the approach is working for you, and to adjust our process to address new priorities or shifting needs.
In order for you to get the most out of your sessions, there may be optional exercises to work on between sessions, to provide opportunities to practice new skills or integrate new ways of being.
Areas of Practice
- attachment wounds/complex trauma (C-PTSD)
- managing anxiety and depression
- stress management
- adjusting to change or new realities
- processing grief and loss
- navigating relationship challenges (lgbtqia2s+ and ENM welcome)
- cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- internal family systems IFS; “parts work”
- somatic interventions
- art therapeutic interventions
- psycho education and skill building
- family of origin
- motivational interviewing
- collaborative problem solving
- solution-focused therapy